Monday, February 2, 2009

U-Blog 1

My first U-blog is going to be about one of our readings from the past week. The article was about Jetblu and their "Corporate U". It was about how Jetblu had this wonderful idea about a corporate university to train its employees.

That's right. Train employees. Haven't companies been training their employees since the beginning of time? Whats the great new idea they are talking about? All I see is just a new name slapped on the training department. I mean, don't get me wrong, I am sure Jetblu is doing great things in employee training, but it is not much more than every other big company around the world.

The article does show the importance of good employee training which I do agree with, but there was also a good bit of hype of the "Corporate U" being this new great thing, which I do not agree with.

No comments:

Post a Comment